British Telecommunications v Office of Communications (BCMR)
1260/3/3/16 Registered: 29/6/2016
Summary of appeal published on 7 July 2016. On 22 July 2016 the President made an order extending the deadline for Ofcom to serve its defence until further order.
Mr Justice Snowden chaired a Case Management Conference (“CMC”) for Cases 1259/3/3/16 (“TalkTalk’s Appeal”), 1260/3/3/16 (“BT’s Appeal”) and 1261/3/3/16 (“CityFibre’s Appeal”) on 29 September 2016. At the CMC Mr Justice Snowden made an Order setting down further directions for the three appeals. Mr Justice Snowden also made two further Orders establishing a confidentiality ring for TalkTalk’s Appeal (the “Case 1259 Confidentiality Ring”) and a separate confidentiality ring for BT and CityFibre’s Appeals (the “Cases 1260-1261 Confidentiality Ring”). At the CMC Mr Justice Snowden also gave a ruling refusing Vtesse Harlow Limited permission to intervene in TalkTalk’s Appeal ( CAT 17) and a further ruling on the terms of the confidentiality rings in all three appeals ( CAT 18).
On 10 November 2016 Mr Justice Snowden made an Order granting the Appellant permission to amend its Notice of Appeal.
A second CMC for BT and CityFibre’s Appeals took place on 23 January 2017 at which the Chairman made an Order setting down further directions to the hearing.
A pre-trial review will take place on 29 March 2017.
The hearing window for BT and CityFibre’s Appeals is 3 April 2017 until 26 May 2017. The week commencing 3 April 2017 is reserved for pre-reading and there will be an Easter break during the week commencing 17 April 2017.
- 29 Sep 2016 | 10am - Case management conference
- 23 Jan 2017 | 10:30am - Case management conference
- 29 Mar 2017 | 10.30am - CMC (Pre-trial review)
- 3 Apr 2017 | 10:30am (time estimate of 8 weeks) - Hearing
- Transcript of second case management conference
PDF 23/1/2017 257KB
- Order of the Chairman (Further case management directions)
PDF 23/1/2017 84KB
- Order of the Chairman (Permission to amend notice of appeal)
PDF 10/11/2016 58KB
- Order of the Chairman (Cases 1260-1261 confidentiality ring)
PDF 3/10/2016 114KB
- Transcript of case management conference
PDF 29/9/2016 330KB
- Order of the Chairman (Case management directions)
PDF 29/9/2016 78KB
- Ruling (Confidentiality ring)
PDF 29/9/2016 63KBSummary
- Order of the President (Defence deadline extension)
PDF 22/7/2016 30KB
- Summary of appeal
PDF 7/7/2016 61KB