Walter Hugh Merricks CBE v Mastercard Incorporated and Others
1266/7/7/16 Registered: 8/9/2016
Application to commence collective proceedings under section 47B of the Competition Act 1998 (“the “CPO Application”). The proposed collective proceedings would combine follow-on actions for damages arising from a decision of the European Commission of 19 December 2007 (COMP/34.579 MasterCard, COMP/36.518 EuroCommerce and COMP/38.580 Commercial Cards).
A case management conference was held on 21 November 2016 at which the President gave directions for the hearing of the CPO Application.
The deadline for any person with an interest (including any member of the proposed class) to object to the CPO Application or the authorisation of the Proposed Class Representative and/or to seek permission to make oral observations at the CPO Application hearing was 4pm on 22 December 2016.
The deadline for any third party with a legitimate interest (who is not a member of the proposed class) to seek permission to make written and/or oral observations at the CPO Application hearing was 4pm on 12 December 2016.
The CPO Application hearing was held on 18 to 20 January 2017. Judgment has been reserved.
Diary events for this case:
- There are currently no forthcoming diary events for this case.
- 21 November 2016 | 10:30 am - Case Management Conference
- 18 Jan 2017 | 10.30am (time estimate of 2 days; with 1 day in reserve) - CPO Application Hearing
- Transcript of CPO Application Hearing (Day 3)
PDF 20/1/2017 217KB
- Transcript of CPO Application Hearing (Day 2)
PDF 19/1/2017 539KB
- Transcript of CPO Application Hearing (Day 1)
PDF 18/1/2017 451KB
- Order of the President (Extension of time)
PDF 9/12/2016 64KB
- Transcript (Directions hearing)
PDF 21/11/2016 142KB
- Order of the President (Directions for hearing of CPO Application)
PDF 21/11/2016 79KB
- Summary of collective proceedings claim form
PDF 21/9/2016 42KB